Welcome to Rosebery Primary School. I invite you to explore our website to discover more about our school and its history, our teaching approaches, facilities, special programs and general information. Building a strong partnership between home and school through clear and continuous communication is a key element in students’ success at Rosebery Primary School. I encourage families to be actively involved in their child’s education and in school events and decision making opportunities.
Our mission, vision and values set our direction, purpose and our guiding principles.
Respectfully and cooperatively striving for excellence with confidence, integrity and resilience.
At Rosebery Primary School, we will
- develop resilient learners with a strong focus on respect through Restorative Practices
- be innovative in teaching and learning to academically engage and challenge our students
- provide collaborative and cooperative learning opportunities for all
- activate a sense of creativity in our students through a major focus on the Performing Arts and the use of Information Communication Technology (ICT)
This will be achieved by developing resilience in students through maintaining a caring, nurturing and safe learning environment where students feel comfortable being themselves, taking risks, making mistakes, learning from them and growing as a learner. This connects strongly with our metaphor of the long-necked turtle which is our school emblem for this very reason.
- Respect: we will act with kindness, compassion, and courtesy towards others and their property.
- Cooperation: we will work together as a team to achieve our goals.
- Confidence: we will trust in ourselves and give new things a try.
- Integrity: we will be truthful in our words and actions and will honour our agreements
Principal - Tania Kolomitsev